Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Porridge
Nothing warms you up more than a bowl of piping hot porridge for breakfast. This recipe uses leftover cooked rice to make it quick and easy to prepare in the morning.
Type of Dish Breakfast
Published Jan 01, 2014
- 2 Cups Cooked Bhutan Red Rice
- 1 3/4 Cups Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Raisins (or more if you wish)
- 1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Berries of your choice (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, partially mash the rice to achieve a slightly creamy consistency.
- Serve hot topped with some of the berries, walnuts and a little extra cinnamon and maple syrup if you wish.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.