Red Rice, Corn, Leek and Smoked Duck Soup
By Roland Passot, La Folie Restaurant
Published Sep 22, 2014
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Ears corn (kernels shaved off)
- 2 Leeks (white part only, washed and chopped)
- 1 Qt chicken stock
- 1 Cup dry sherry wine
- 1 Cup diced smoked duck or applewood smoked bacon
- 1 Recipe Red Rice Pilaf
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, "sweat" the leeks until they are translucent. Add the smoked duck or bacon. Add the corn and continue to sweat for a few minutes. Add the cooked rice then the sherry wine. Let cook for abut 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in soup plate or bowl. Add fresh flat parsley or chopped chives on top.
- Note: Rock shrimp or lobster may be used instead of duck.