Red Rice Red Berry Pudding with Spices and Coconut Creme
By Greg Bunt. Adapted by Mark Brownstein
Published Sep 21, 2014
- 15 Oz Bhutan Red Rice
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 3 Cups unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 Lb frozen raspberries unsweetened
- 1 1/2 Cups creme patisserie
- 1 Cup whipping creme
- 2 Cloves cinnamon bark, 2 inch
- 2 Tbsp red sticky rice wine from Laos or Ficklin Port
- Steam rice and set aside to cool. Puree berries but leave some texture. Whip cream and set aside, grind whole spices, make creme patisserie, add sugar to coconut creme. In a large bowl combine rice, all but 1/2 coconut cream, crème patisserie, fold in whipped crème, and all but 1/4 cup puree, add spices, and the red rice wine or port. Chill for several hours.
- Serve for adults in a Martini glass, garnish with a spoon of coconut creme and a spoon of the puree, top with a sprig of mint. For children layer rice pud, puree, and remaining coconut cream in Parfait glasses and the wine can be omitted.
- Served with Cassava Sesame Crisps (Sweet).