Colorful Rice Salad
This delicious rice salad is a real crowd pleaser at summer gatherings!
Published Jun 26, 2014
- 1 Cup Organic Brown Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cups Water or vegetable broth
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3/4 Cup Organic yellow corn kernels
- 3/4 Cup sliced red radishes (half moons or quarter moons)
- 3/4 Cup Diced green beans
- 3/4 Cup Diced carrots
- 1/2 Cup Sliced almonds
- 1/4 Cup Minced fresh dill, (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Brown rice vinegar
- 1 TSP Sea salt
- 1/4 TSP Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Orange Juiced
- Place the rice, water and sea salt in a medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan heat the sesame oil over medium low heat. Add the onion, chiles, red chili powder, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the onions are tender.
- Add the cauliflower, carrots, green beans and the water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the green peas and cook for 3 more minutes. Add the cooked rice to the vegetables and gently stir together with the raisins and cashews. Serve hot.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 33 minutes.