Carrot Ginger Jasmine Rice
When you combine the unique flavor of jasmine rice with the pungency of fresh ginger and the sweetness of sautéed onion and carrot, the taste is unbeatable.
Type of Dish Side Dish
Published Jul 21, 2014
- 2 Cups Organic Brown Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cups Low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Diced onion
- 2 Tablespoons Minced fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 Cup Grated Carrots
- Place the rice, vegetable broth and orange juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over medium high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 35 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of water in a skillet and add the diced onion. Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Add the ginger and carrots. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When the rice is finished, add it to the skillet and gently stir to combine it with the sautéed onion, ginger and carrots.
- Serve hot, garnished with the cilantro sprigs.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 50 minutes.