Asian Tuna and Jade Pearl Rice Ramen Salad
By Chef Trudy Schafer, M.A.
- 1 can Tuna packed in Olive Oil
- 3 Green Onions, diced
- 4-5 small Sheets of Seaweed Snacks, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp Tamari, or Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Gomasio (optional)
Jade Pearl Rice Ramen Salad
- 2 Jade Pearl Ramen Cakes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Daikon Radish
- 3 Green Onions
- 1Tbsp sesame oil
- 1tsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
- Green Onions
- Hard Boiled Egg, quartered
- Shirracha (optional)
Preparation:To make the Asian Tuna Salad:
- In a medium bowl add tuna along with the olive oil, mix in green onions, seaweed, tamari, lemon juice and garlic gomasio. Gently mix together and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add the 2 Jade Pearl Ramen Cakes and cook for 4 minutes, until tender. Strain, rinse with water and set aside.
- Peel the carrot with a vegetable peeler, after the first layer is removed and tossed into the compose, keep peeling the carrot into long strips. Do the same with the daikon radish. Cut the root end off the green onions and remove the first layer. Slice the green onions in half lengthwise, then into 2 inch strips. Toss carrots, daikon and green onions with the Jade Pearl Rice Ramen, gently mix together with your fingers. Add in sesame oil and tamari, toss a few more times.
- To plate: place Jade Pearl Rice Ramen onto plate, place Asian Tuna Salad on top, garnish with green onions, hard boiled egg and shirracha