Creamy Garlic Mushroom Soup with Brown Rice & Millet Ramen Noodles
Makes 4 Servings
GF, Vegan, Soy-Free
- (1) 4-pack Brown Rice & Millet Ramen Noodles
- 1 Quart vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 package Cremini mushrooms (about 10 oz), diced
- 1 package Shiitake mushrooms (about 10 oz), sliced
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 full Tablespoon fresh thyme, about 8 large stalks, leaves removed
- 4 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped (these will be used in soup base)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely sliced (these will be used with shiitake mushrooms as topper)
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked at least two hours or overnight.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons chickpea miso
- Himalayan salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Using a large soup pot or saucepan, over medium-high heat, add coconut oil (or olive oil) onion and chopped Cremini mushrooms with a pinch of Himalayan salt. Sauté about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add 4 cloves finely chopped garlic and thyme. Give a good stir and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 quart vegetable broth to soup pot. (Optional: (non-vegan) 1 quart chicken stock instead of vegetable broth).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover with a lid and continue to simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Drain soaked cashews. Using a high-speed blender, combine drained cashews with 1 cup coconut milk and 2 Tablespoons GF Chickpea miso. Blend until creamy.
- Using a heavy skillet, over medium-high heat, add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil and sliced shiitake mushrooms. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Add 2 cloves sliced garlic and 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos. Continue to sauté until mushrooms begin to brown slightly. Remove and set aside.
- Add creamy cashew mixture and fresh cracked pepper to soup pot. Stir and taste to adjust seasoning if needed.
- Blend ½ to ¾ of the mushroom soup in a blender. Blend until creamy. Return blended portion of the soup to the original soup pot and stir. Feel free to use an immersion blender instead of high-speed blender. (Note: When using an immersion (handheld) blender, please be careful to refrain from lifting the blender out of the liquid. This often results in hot splashes of soup ending up on your hands. I typically use my Vitamix at this point.
- Prepare ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Divide soup into 4 soup bowls. Add one serving of cooked and drained ramen noodles into the center of each bowl. Top with sautéed shiitake and garlic mixture. Sprinkle with a little fresh thyme leaves and serve.
Products used in this recipe for co-marketing / partnership posts:
Miso Master – Chickpea Miso
Big Tree Farms – coconut aminos