Tomato Miso Soup with Forbidden Rice Ramen
By Chef Trudy Schafer, M.A.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery, chopped
- 3 Pounds Tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 1Tbsp Tamari
- 1/4 Cup White Miso
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Forbidden Rice Ramen Cakes
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Halved
- Green Onion, diagonal cut
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil, add green onions and ginger and saute together for 3 minutes on low heat. Add in carrots, celery, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil, then drop heat down to a simmer. Cook until carrots are tender. Remove from the heat and add tamari, miso and rice vinegar, blend with immersion blender until smooth. Set aside until you are ready to plate.
- In a separate medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add 2 Forbidden Rice Cakes, cook for 4 minutes until tender, strain.
- To plate, place the Forbidden Rice Ramen in a bowl, pour the Tomato Miso Soup around the Forbidden Rice Ramen and garnish with hard boiled egg and green onions.
Yields: 2 Large Bowls of Soup